From the Superintendent
This summer, Bayless will once again offer K-8 students, free of charge, a fun, exciting, and academic approach to learning called Summer Journey. Make no mistake about it; our summer program is FUN for kids. Yet, our summer school program also provides an opportunity for students to experience over 60 hours of advanced academic preparation for the year ahead as well as to review and apply previously learned skills and knowledge. Summer Journey’s extraordinary educational goals are comprised of academic courses with hands-on instruction centered in reading, language arts, math, and social studies or science. Other important fields of study are also available.
While all of the academic courses will be relaxed in format--no homework or tests for grades--Summer Journey will also offer courses for hands-on exploration and discovery. Summer Journey classes this summer may include:
- Adventure and Mystery - Students find themselves on a swashbuckling adventure as they read about pirates and then become detectives as they investigate two exciting mysteries.
- The Write Stuff - With a focus on author's purpose and descriptive writing, students improve their writing skills with engaging team writing activities like a treasure hunt.
- Mathemagic - Students further refine their understanding of basic mathematical concepts through brain teasers, logic and reasoning skill activities.
- Animal Antics - Early learners investigate animals and their habitats around the world and participate in a science lab setting making connections with the world around them.
- Nature with a Twist - Students’ imaginations will run wild as each craft, game, and activity will have a nature theme such as the environment, land, animals from around the world, plants, and much more. Stained glass ornaments, painted pet rocks, handcrafted games, and jungle jute bracelets are just a few of the fun activities students will enjoy.
In addition, if you are the parent of a child who will be entering Kindergarten in the fall of 2023, I strongly encourage you to consider enrolling your child in Summer Journey. We have noticed that when new students meet their teachers, fellow students, and our staff during the summer, they are eager to return in the fall and find that “first day of school” experience to be a positive one.
Finally, to make the program even more enticing to students, Summer Journey will again offer an incentive program.
Who should attend Summer Journey? Everyone. Simply put, it is good for kids. Look at the information enclosed. You will be glad you did!
Superintendent of Schools
To enroll, select the option to enroll your student in Summer Journey in the Infinite Campus/Parent Portal Annual Update.
For more information on the Annual Update, go to the enrolling a student page.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Summer Journey?
- How much does Summer Journey cost?
- When is Summer Journey?
- How does attendance work?
- Is transportation provided?
- What will my child(ren) do each day?
- How does the incentive program work?
- Will breakfast and lunch be served?